When you call the name ‘Wizkid’ everybody immediately knows who you are talking about and no only a few people know his ( Wizkid biography ) background but if you talk about Ayo Balogun, a lot of people might not really know whom you are talking about.
Well, they are one and the same person as Wizkid is only just a nickname he gave himself when he started his music career. Wizkid’s real names are Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun.
Here are the top things in Wizkid biography you didn’t know and you need to know about this young, successful musical superstar.
- He Began Singing at the Age of 11: Although it might have taken some years before he finally broke into the limelight, Wizkid is not exactly a kid in the music industry. He started singing at the young age of 11 in local churches. At that young age, Wizkid could already handle being a vocalist as well as being a lead singer in the church choir. He has also been a songwriter and been hanging around prominent people in the music industry for a very long time before he broke into the limelight.
- He was a Member of a Gospel Singing Group “Glorious Five”: Although their albums might not have been much of a hit, Wizkid was actually a member of a gospel singing group called ‘Glorious five’ and they released an album together before they eventually parted ways after Wizkid decided to pursue a solo career in pop music. The group consisted of Wizkid and four of his other church friends.
- Wizkid is a Father: Many fans have playfully suggested that he change his name to ‘Wizdad’ as he is no longer a kid but now a father to a very handsome boy, Boluwatife Balogun. Boluwatife was born on October 2010 by his baby mama, Oluwanishola Ogudugu. Although Wizkid publicly denied having a son for a very long time, he eventually owned up in October 2013 after he put up warm birthday wishes for his son’s 3rd birthday.
- He Used to Be Known as Lil’ Prince: Well, if you ever hear the name Lil’Prince being used in reference to Wizkid, don’t be amused because Wizkid used to be called Lil’ Prince during his gospel singing days.
- Wizkid is Highly Controversial: This is one Nigerian artist that is always in the news for both good and crazy things. There’s always one crazy story, fight or beef involving Wizkid.
- He is 28 Years Old: Although Wizkid’s official age is put at 28 years old, many people argue and swear that Wizkid is only 25 years old. Well, we wouldn’t know what is on his birth certificate for sure but what we do know is that Wizkid’s official date of birth( as seen on Wikipedia) is July 16, 1989, which makes him 28 years old this year.
- He is Dating Tania Omotayo: Wizkid has been going steady with this young, beautiful lady Tania Omotayo, who is now somewhat of a celebrity too as her relationship with Wizkid has made her a popular face in the entertainment scene.
- He owns a Record Label: After parting ways with EME music, his former record label, Wizkid went on to start his own record label, Starboy records and now has a couple of artists signed to the label as well.
- Wizkid has a Unique Voice: One thing that that has undoubtedly helped his success in the music industry is his unique voice. Wizkid’s voice.
- He was once rumored to be dating Tonto Dikeh: For a very long time, the rumor mills were agog with stories about Tonto Dikeh and Wizkid being a couple until both parties came out to vehemently deny ever hooking up or being a couple.
Do you have more information about Wizkid biography or any Nigerian musician, kindly leave it in the comment section