Top 10 Free, Real and Best Dating Sites in Nigeria
So I’ve been doing some soul searching lately and was wondering if there are free and real dating sites in Nigeria. In my quest, I found a couple of great dating sites.
Are you looking to find love online in Nigeria? Today more than ever, there is a fantastic range of options for Nigerian ladies and guys to find that perfect match, no matter whether it’s a simple hook up or something more serious.
In no particular order, here are the top free, real and best-dating sites in Nigeria;
- LoversPub: This tops the list of the dating sites I found so far!. While the site is relatively new compared to other existing sites, it is user-friendly, good graphics and communication by the means of message exchange are superb. The websites target people all around cities in Nigeria and calculate you match others based on your interests. What is more is that they offer their services for free.
- Nigerian Marriage Connect: The dating site has more people in comparison with the first but it is paid. You only get a free subscription for one month. The graphics are OK. When using this website, you have to be careful because of many scam stories.
- Nigerian Dating: This is another good website that offers free services for individuals looking for love not only in Nigeria but in other countries around the world. However, you will need to subscribe to be ascribed the rights of a full member like viewing someone else’s profile and so on.
- Naijaplanet: This is another free dating site. If you are looking for easy registration, the website provides it.
- I Met My Soulmate: This is not just another good site but a great one in Nigeria that calls members directly via phone number for verification. It’s beautiful, user-friendly, and totally free (For Now). NOTE – Register only if you do not have any negative motive because you will be phished out.
- Sexy Naija: This is in our humble opinion the best free dating site in Nigeria and is the most established site having started off way back in 2005.
What we love about this dating site is that it’s incredibly simple and free and when we say free, we mean free. In other words, there’s no complicated system of “additional features” which you have to purchase by paying to upgrade your account, as is sometimes the case for other sites.
You sign up by giving a bare minimum of details, including body type, occupation, religion, whether you have children and, interestingly enough, your drinking habits. Once signed up, you can follow, friend request, send a message or even purchase a gift for your potential lover with no extra cost.
- Friendite: Seventh in our list of free dating sites in Nigeria is Friendite which does well in a few different areas. First, it has the best design and layout of all the Nigerian dating sites, making the experience particularly user-friendly. In addition, Friendite comes with some cool additional features such as sending a “kiss” to your potential date and even writing on their wall or giving them a video call.
- Meet Nigerians: Another free Nigerian dating site for Nigerians looking for love is Meet Nigerians. The site does seem to be primarily aimed at Nigerians in the US and the UK but there is also a decent number of Lagosians and, to a lesser extent, girls and guys from Abuja and Port Harcourt. The option to upload a video is a pretty neat feature and we also love the fact that Meet Nigerians will feature your profile on your birthday.
All that being said, we feel the site lets itself down by requiring users to spend money in order to purchase “gold membership” and access certain features such as sending SMS messages via the site. Gold membership can be purchased for one month, three months, six months or for a year and the price ranges from 1,800 Naira to 8,000 Naira depending on the length of the membership purchased.
- Tinder: From London to New York, Tinder has taken off to become the latest craze in online dating and is now set to make it big here in Nigeria too. Tinder is a mobile application (available on Blackberry, Apple and Android devices) rather than a website and is free to download.
Once downloaded, you simply swipe either left or right depending on if you’re into someone. If you like someone who also likes you, Tinder sends you a notification and you can message each other. It’s really that simple!
Keep in mind that Tinder is widely seen as a hookup app. While Tinder may be the ideal choice if you’re looking for a sugar mummy in Lagos or a night of passion in Abuja, those looking for something more serious might want to consider the options above first.
- Options for Christian and Muslim Dating Sites in Nigeria: If you’re a believer in the all mighty, then perhaps a Christian dating site or an Islamic dating site in Nigeria might be more up your street. Christian singles can check out the free Nigerian dating site Nigerian Christian Singles which caters for Christians from all over Nigeria.
No dating site currently caters specifically for the Muslim community in Nigeria. However, do not despair as there are options available. In particular, Muslims looking for a dating site in Nigeria can check out Muslima which is a free dating site which is specifically designed for followers of Islam.
The Muslima site itself requires its users to specify which type of Islam they follow, how familiar they are with the Koran and whether they wear a Niqab among other things. Muslima has tens of thousands of Muslim members around the world including many members from Nigeria and can be considered the best Islamic dating site in Nigeria.
Conclusion – Top 10 Free, Real and Best Dating Sites in Nigeria
In conclusion, there are a seriously large number of dating sites available for Nigerians around the world.
But what happens if you’re shy about signing up and sharing your details online?
That’s also understandable.
For those people who prefer to meet dates face-to-face, speed dating is an excellent option. If you live in London, the UK based Igbo Cultural Support Network occasionally runs speed dating for Nigerians based in the UK’s capital.
In case you find this article useful, please share and if you think we left some site out that should be on the list, kindly drop them in the comment and be sure that we will look at them and include them after sufficient reviews. Thanks